Dr. Catsby's Cat Food Bowl is the perfect solution for cats experiencing whisker stress!
WHAT IS WHISKER STRESS?
Whisker stress, also known as whisker fatigue, is caused when a cat's whiskers are forced to come in contact with the edges of their food bowl or dish. Since a cat's whiskers are extremely sensitive, this is quite uncomfortable and can cause irritation.
Here are some signs that your cat might be experiencing whisker stress:
- Leaving food in the bowl, but still hungry
- Pulling food out of the bowl with mouth or paw and eating off the floor
- Leaving a mess behind on the floor
- Only eating from the center of the bowl
- Acting aggressive toward other animals in the house during mealtime
- Standing by the bowl before eating for a period of time, pacing around the bowl, or being hesitant to eat, though hungry
The Dr. Catsby bowl provides a wide shallow eating surface that allows food to fall to the center of the bowl but still provides enough of an edge to prevent food from being pushed out of the bowl.
The high-quality stainless steel bowl is dishwasher safe and includes a cutaway for easy lifting. Stainless steel can be thoroughly cleaned and won't harbor acne-causing bacteria like plastic can. The bowl sits on a separate rubber mat to prevent slipping and to make clean up easy.
Base of bowl measures 7" in diameter, top rim measures 6" in diameter, overall height of bowl is 1.25". Excellent for use with wet or dry cat food, can also be used for water. 1.5 cup capacity.
The Dr. Catsby bowl is a Hauspanther favorite!